Saturday, February 04, 2006

It's like cliff diving...

- So today, what a day. Raining outside, kind of shitty compared to yesterday, but as we all know, every cloud has a silver lining, and sometimes, there is a boyfriend hidden in there too. So, I have spent the past 4 weeks with Mr. Big. From Thursday until Monday morning, every week, I have been in the company of an amazing man. I do believe he could be considered by boyfriend. There, I said it, boyfriend. And man am I scared. Not scared like he will try to chop me up post-coital or beat me like Ike, but I am scared of being hurt. Yes, I am a fragile shell of a man. I think a lot of my readers can relate. It takes so much to open yourself up to someone, to look beyond your own needs and realize that it IS possible to care for someone. It feels great...And he's taking me to Palm Springs in March, HOLLA! Today was spent looking for a doggy day-care for his/our puppy and finished with an amazing lunch at Larioul Plaza (get the Brazilian Salad, it's yum). Throughout the day, I just kept looking at him and saying to myself, "This is easy". I think that is what relationships should be, easy. Now everyone says that relationships take work, and that at times it can be hard. I hear all of that, but I think the hard part is the initial opening up aspect. I talked to a good friend on the phone and he compared relationships to cliff diving. The anticipation of the plunge usually keeps us from jumping, we say we are just enjoying the view (or being single) but once we leap, we hand over all control to the fates, enjoy the ride and soak in the surroundings...

(BTW: the pic is of my new pup, Cillian. I swear I didn't drop the couch on him, he sleeps that way)

2 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous captain peecock said...

you never said how old he was. if he's over 40 [as in, like, nearly 2wice your age], then i don't think the term "boy"friend would apply. esp. if he's paying for everything. Mr. Big a shugah daddy! tell it like it is! and you know you're so not done with yo whorin' around yet! there's still plenty of knobs to be slobbed and seed to be spread, so hop to it Cornish!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

Don't overthink it...just do it. Go with it as long as it makes you feel good. There are drugs for when it all crashes down and you're kicking yourself for opening up and getting hurt. Or at least liquors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home