Friday, January 27, 2006

Last night's date was brought to you by Patron tequila


- I am NOT dating Jack Abramhoff, as much as I love me some Jewish men, he has a son and wifey.
- So last night was date night, and date night it was. I felt so Mr. Cinderella being picked up from my apartment in his luxury automobile, being wisked away to ZENGO (not Indebleu like I had thought), eating amazing sushi, drinking (5) Patron filled margaritas. All In all it was one of my top 3 best "first" dates. We had dinner at this new place called Zengo in Chinatown. It's a really cool space and the food is totes delish. It's a very "Hill" place packed with politicians, staffers, lobbyists and their 23 year old dates. We had made reservations but our table wasn't ready so we waited at the bar for about 10 minutes. In those 10 minutes we had like 60 people coming up to us, offering support to my date and chatting to me about my law school plans. Apparently word had spread fast that Mr. Big was seeing a younger man. Everyone was really nice to us and it kind of struck me as weird until I realize "Oh yeah these people probably took money from my date at some point in their lives". So our table is ready and we head upstairs. He had called ahead and requested "his" table which is this amazing corner booth with a view of the pretty (and not so pretty) people. I really could not understand the menu so Mr. Big ordered me a drink that he said I would love. Oh boy did I, it was a patron margarita. I also did not understand the menu (methinks it was the 3 margaritas that had me confused in the whole "basic reading" department). He said he would order for "us". How sweet cause there was no way in hell I could afford anything on the menu. We had the ceviche sampler, wonton tacos, and tasted all the sushi. Afterwards we debated going to Halo or Cobalt but opted to going back to his place and watching tivo'd TRUE LIFE: My parents are homos. It was great, I totally want to have kids now, but good looking ones, not that drum major chick that was a handbag of craziness. Her one mom looked like Roger Ebert, scaaaary. So we fall asleep on the couch together, no hanky panky. I wake up this morning to coffee and a bagel that he ran out to get for me. All in all it was an amazing time had by all. My plans for the weekend include going to Cady's Alley to help pick out stuff for his new house. I am such a good gay. Where is my fucking tiara?

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

You forgot the part where he left a few hundred dollar bills on the nightstand for you.

Just kidding.

His table? The restaurant has been open a few short months and he already has a table. You better be careful...he may take all young suitors there! And you always seem to be eating in Chinatown, which is where I live. I'm going to start stalking you totally. :)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Cornelius said...

China town is the new DuPont, my roommate and I dine at "Eat First" during the week, best chinese anywhere.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said...

I thought for sure I'd be the only gay in the village here in chinatown, however I'm finding the gays are everywhere here.

*marks "Eat First" as her first location to stake out*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home